Powered by a compelling mix of local and international, animation and live action content, the Disney network of channels top the rating charts this week with 46% share of viewership in HSM and 45% in All India. This was announced at the company"s annual trade event -'Disney Expo".
“We are delighted with the viewership performance of all our channels and our shows. This success is testament to the unique way Disney engages with Indian kids and families" says Natasha Malhotra, VP and GM, Walt Disney Television International India.
The network"s channels took over top slots in all markets --- Disney Channel stood at #1 in HSM at 171 GRPs, Disney XD held #1 position in South at 135 GRPs and Hungama TV was #1 in All India at 147 GRPs (Source: TAM Week 20 kids 4-14 SEC ABC 7000 to 2300 hrs).
The network has seen significant growth on the back of an exciting content mix that is locally relevant, aspirational and entertaining.
- Disney Channel"s first family sitcom Best of Luck Nikki (Sun, 11am) continued its 1+ TVR trend this week as well with a 1.2TVR among all kids (CS 4-14 ABC) in HSM and a 1.54TVR among younger kids (CS 4-9 ABC).
- The show launched at unprecedented ratings, making it the most successful series launch (since 2005) in the kids" genre in India.
- Disney Channel was the #1 channel for kids across all channels in the time slot at show launch (Kids 4 to 14 in Hindi Speaking Markets, SEC ABC).
- The channels recent launch Disney original animation show Fish Hooks (Sat, 11am) delivered 1.2TVR among younger kids (CS 4-9 ABC).
- “It is wonderful to see more kids and families enjoying our rich repertoire of engaging stories and lovable relatable characters", adds Natasha.
- Stay tuned as the Disney network promises an even higher dose of entertainment and fun in the weeks to come with new shows, contests and more!
- Disney Channel #1 in HSM
- Disney XD #1 in South
- Hungama TV #1 in All India