The recent incident happened between the stuntmen from the South Indian film industries and Mumbai have made Tamil Nadu Stuntmen's Association (TNSA) to act tough on B-Town and other film industries. Well, the association is planning to bid goodbye to other language film industries following the recent dispute.
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan, who was basking in success of series of hits in the recent years, has been busy with his next film Mental directed by his younger brother Sohail Khan. But the shooting was unexpectedly halted after an issue cropped up between the action teams of the film.
The dispute between stuntmen from the South Indian film industries and Mumbai halted the shooting of Mental. The director had hired a leading stunt director to choreograph an action sequence. According to the rules of All India Film Employees Confederation (AIFEC), local fighters should be given preference and have to be 70% in films and the fight master could rope in the remaining 30% from his region.
However, the fighters from the stuntmen's team refused to work in Mental and demanded to include 50% of their men from South India. This deadlock put the Salman Khan starrer movie in trouble.
This incident made members of Tamil Nadu Stuntmen's Association to take a tough stand as they have decided not to work in any other language films unless Film Employees' Federation of South India (FEFSI) helps them arrive at mutual understanding over ongoing tussle between action artists from Tamil and Telugu film industries.
An Action Scene Performed by Salman
"Most Telugu films recently have refused to work collaboratively. They demand that we use only three of our fighters... We can't work like that and, therefore, we have decided not to work in films in other languages," he added.
A Still From Tamil Film Biriyani
On the same grounds, a team of upcoming Tamil comedy Biriyani, recently shooting in Hyderabad, was forced to return to Chennai after stunt choreographers refused to work together.
A Stunt Scene By Salman Khan
Confirming this, stunt master Kanal Kannan told IANS, "If we agree to work as per their whims and fancies, then we are in loss. Most of our stunt choreographers are paid less when they do films in Hindi and other languages."
An Action Scene By Salman Khan
"We have stopped doing films in other languages for the time being. We will continue not to work in other languages until this issue is taken seriously and sorted out at the earliest by FEFSI," he added.