1. Rajinikanth: The national Superstar! There is no need for listing the reasons for the numero uno position retained by the Superstar for the past 20 years in the field. Rajini, the one and only Superstar of our time has unbelievable mass support, extraordinary charisma and charming styles overtakes age, country and even the language barriers. Shivaji is the best example to know how his styles and looks are mesmerised worldwide fans. His diehard fans just wanted to see their Thalaivar in evergreen youth looks as like as a young hero. [an error occurred while processing this directive] Shankar fulfilled their wish with right mix of comedy, action, colourful locations and Rahman's lilting hits. Oneindia.in proudly announced Rajinikanth as the 'Star of the year 2007'.
2. Vijay: Hero of the youths No second opinion on Vijay's No. 2 spot in Tamil industry. Though his Deepavali release Azhagiya Tamil Magan not turned well in the Box Office, his previous film Pokkiri became one of the three highest grosser of the year 2007. His dancing skills and comical gimmicks are the secrets of his crowd pulling capacity. The only criticism against the actor is that he always trusts the Telugu hits for his survival. Hope, he will come out from this image in 2008.
3. Ajith: The real fighter! It is one of the struggling years for Ajith who is the real fighter of Tamil Industry. For Ajith the year dawn with a big flop Azhwar, the pongal release of 2006. After that his Kreedom was released, but it also failed to turn well in the Box Office.
Now with the help of Superstar Rajini, he finally managed the year with a hit movie Billa-2007, a remake of Rajini's earlier Blockbuster in the same name. So a remake only helped Ajith in time to escape from the series of flops!
The major plus point of Ajith is the big opening he received for even his flop films. Billa-2007 is one of the films got a very big opening for 10 days consecutively and earned Rs 7 crores at the end of the second week!
4. Surya: A hero for all classes! Come out from the image of chocolate boy is really a hard thing in Tamil cinema. Take the case of Madhavan. His Maddy image is the big hurdle to him to become an all class hero. Now Vel helped Surya to become as a mass hero. Thanks to the peppy script and racy narration of Director Hari. In the year 2007, Vel is the big crowd puller after Shivaji and Pokkiri in rural centers.
5. Vishal: A promising action hero! Right from his first movie Chellame, Vishal has never given a flop in his four years old career! All his movies, Chellame, Sandakozhi, Thimiru, Sivappathikaram, Thamirabarani and Malai Kottai proved him as a promising action hero in the Box Office. Though his Sivappathikaram is criticized for its average script, the Box Office collection of the film prevent the hero from a downfall. The line up of the actor for the year 2008 is looking very impressive and it is really a big thing that the actor got a place in the top 5 list of Tamil film industry heroes.