1. Using the song without authorisation, filling in Indian lyrics and claiming it as an original composition.
2. Turning the song into part of a movie, complete with its own music video.
3. Playing the song on TV and radio stations.
4. Releasing the song in various forms, including ringtone and Internet download.
5. Selling the song in the form of cassette tape, CD, VCD and DVD.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]When contacted, Pritam refused to comment on this matter whereas a Tips official accepted the fact that they been sent a legal notice and that the above mentioned damages have been claimed.
Pritam has got for himself a notorious image of directly lifting South Asian song tunes shamelessly and passing them as his own. Whenever probed on the matter of song lifts he always says, "I always tell my makers to give due credit to the original composer on the album cover but not all comply."
A website that exposes all Indian music directors of their copied tunes by posting the original numbers along side them has Pritam at the top! He has copied more than over 100 tunes till now they have proved it!