Golden Girl Ramya's appearance on Puneet Rajkumar's Kannadada Kotyadhipati has garnered massive response from Kannadigas all across the state. The charming actress' chemistry with Power Star has worked big time once again. Being the first celebrity contestant to sit on the hot seat without playing the fastest finger first, she impressed the audience with her lively presence despite the TV viewers getting irritated with long commercials every fifteen minutes.
Highlights of the special episode:
1) Clad in a yellow saree, Ramya's entry to the show attracted a huge round of applause, as she became the first guest celebrity to attend Kannadada Kotyadhipati.
2) Having warmly welcomed her, Puneet Rajkumar explained the rules and regulations of the show and ensured that their good friendship would do no favours to her to win the contest.
3) Ramya and Puneet Rajkumar danced for two numbers in Kannadada Kotyadhipati. While the first number being the actress' recent hit, 'Orige oble padmavathi...', the second track is 'Neene neene...' from their earlier film Akash.
4) As Ramya told to us in an earlier interview, the special episode was full of fun and excitement.
5) In the end, she managed to win Rs 3,20,000, as she failed to answer a question related to the invention of Rava Idli, which is believed to be created by Mavalli Tiffin Room (MTR) during the Second World War.
The winning amount goes to....
Ramya announced the amount would be donated to three of the trouble-hit families of Sandalwood and it would be equally distributed. Namely:
1) Director and lyricist Geethapriya, who is suffering from throat cancer, and is in need of financial assistance.
2) For the development of dance institute run by Ramu Kanagal, the son of legendary director Puttana Kanagal.
3) The late sound engineer Sridhar's family.
What disappointed fans....
Shivaraj Kumar and Raghavendra Rajkumar's voices were not clear, when they called Ramya on the show and the viewers could not properly hear their talks. Hope, the makers of the show take a note of this and improve the quality in the best interest of Kannadada Kotyadhipati.