Harry Potter movies are epic fantasy film series, which are based on JK Rowling's novel of the same name. The series started with the movie Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in 2001. So far, seven installments in the franchise have been released in the theatres and they have proved successful. Now, eighth and final movie in the Harry Potter series, which has been titled Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, is all set to hit the screens on 13th of this month (July).
Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith and several other stars have acted in all these eight films. Hundreds of animals, costumes, makeups, sets, art works and techniques have been used in making of Harry Potter films in these ten years. Now, Oneindia is bringing to you all the interesting information about all those facts of the movie.
The animal actors of the Harry Potter
- Owls and cats are the most difficult animals to train
- Dogs are the easiest animal to train as they basically respond to anyone who will play with them.
- The largest amount of animals on set on any given day was 60 animals for a scene in Professor McGonagall"s classroom.
- Robbie Coltrane, who plays Hagrid, once got a fruit bat stuck in his beard during a scene in Hagrid"s hut.
- The largest animal to be brought on set was a hippo.
- The smallest animal to be brought on set was a centipede.
- After filming 40 kittens to go on moving plates in Umbridge"s office, the kittens went on to be domestic pets, with their new owners unaware of their famous origins.
- There have been 250 animals used across the Harry Potter film series (not including insects).
The costumes of Harry Potter
- Over 25,000 items of clothing have been used on Harry Potter
- Over 600 school uniforms have been created for Harry Potter
The scenes with the largest number of cast and extras to dress have been the battle scenes in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, with 400 Death Eaters and Snatchers and the Great Hall scenes with 400 children and teachers present.