Share This Story

Roman Polanski speaks on sex scandal

Posted by:
Published: Tuesday, May 4, 2010, 12:42 [IST]

In a statement distributed in media, Roman Polanski said that he can no longer remain silent over his still pending rape case. He said that his possible extradition to the US over this 33-year-old sex-crime case is an attempt to serve him on a platter to the media of the world.

He has been under house arrest since September at his home in Switzerland. He argued that the case against him is unjust mentioning the inconsistencies in court procedure and that the victim herself has requested to drop the proceedings against him.

Polanski was arrested for the sexual assault of a thirteen-year-old, Samantha Geimer in 1977. The girl testified that Polanski gave her both champagne and a sedative drug, and despite repeated protests and being asked to stop, raped her.

The Academy Award winning director was arrested and charged with various offences, including rape. He pleaded guilty to having unlawful sex with a minor and spent 42 days in a California state prison during a psychiatric evaluation, but fled the country before the final sentencing.

In his statement he said that he had been forced to mortgage his apartment which to meet his legal costs. He has completed the work on his latest movie, The Ghost Writer, in his chalet in the Swiss ski resort of Gstaad, where he has been confined since being released from custody in December.

Write a comment

Please read our comments policy before posting

Filmi Gupshup
Hollywood Photos