The toxicology report of actress Brittany Murphy, who died of cardiac arrest at her Hollywood Hills home December 20, has revealed that pneumonia and the prescription medications weakened her and lead to death. The LA coroner report says that she did not abuse drugs or alcohol.
According to the reports, the Clueless star had been taking a number of prescription and over-the-counter medications for pneumonia before her death. The report reads, "Multiple medications were present in the blood, with elevated levels of hydrocodone, acetaminophen, and chlorpheniramine. L-methamphetamine was also present."
The report adds, "It should be noted that the pattern of use of these medications suggests treatment of symptoms of a cold or other respiratory infection. Acetaminophen and hydrocodone are components of Vicodin. Chlorpheniramine is the active ingredient in some over-the-counter medications. L-methamphetamine is a component of some inhalers.
However the LA Police had ruled out any foul play. Now, the coroner said pneumonia was the primary cause of death. The report further says, "The possible adverse physiological effects of elevated levels of these medications cannot be discounted, especially in her weakened state. Therefore, the manner of death is accidental."