Aishwarya Majmudar Biography
Aishwarya Majmudar (born October 5, 1993), living in Ahmedabad, India, is a sixteen year old singing prodigy. She was awarded a title of "Chhote Ustaad" on 5 April 2008 at a musical reality show Amul STAR Voice of India of STAR TV, an Indian main stream TV channel. She was selected by voting of viewers of the show. The runner-up of the show was Anwesha Datta Gupta.
Out of 12 participated in the show, top 3 contestants were chosen by viewers along with the three judges Pritam Chakraborty (renowned music director of Indian cinema), Ms. Shreya Ghoshal (award winner playback singer of Indian cinema) and Kunal Ganjawala (famous playback singer of Indian cinema) & then the winner was decided by only voting of viewers.
Aishwarya created a history of not getting in to "Scaryland" -The list of lowest 4 voters- through out the contest which lasted for 19 weeks.
Throughout the contest, celebrity guests were invited to the show & Aishwarya mesmerized almost everyone coming to the contest. Excerpts of some of the celebrity guests are quoted hereunder.
- Abhijeet Bhattacharya (Singer): On "Man Mohanaa Bade Joothe" with Standing Ovation: Sakshaat Saraswati Hai ye... Sakshaat. Ye Hamaare Desh ke un nagino me se hai jinhe hamein Samhalkar Rakhna Chhahiye
- Ghulam Ali (Singer & Composer):On "Aaj Jaane Ki Zeed Naa Karo": Deepchandi Taal mein is tarah gaane ko samhaalna .... yeh .... yeh Uparwale ki den hai aap par
- Salman Khan (Actor):On "Albela Sajan Aayo ri": You sang it better than original.
- Adnan Sami (Singer & Composer):On "Yaaron Sunlo Zaraa": Ine Gaur Se Dekh Lo. She is a Future Female Voice of India
- Rani Mukerji (Actor):On "O Sajna Barkha Bahaar Aayi": You sound like a professional playback singer on stage
- Alka Yagnik (Singer):On "Man Mohanaa Bade Joothe": Agar Mere Paas koi taj hota to mein aaj tumhe Pahnaa Deti
About Aishwarya Majmudar
Aishwarya was born to Rima & Tushar Majmudar on 5 October 1993 and is the only child of her parents.
Aishwarya belongs to a musical family. Both her mother Rima Majumdar and grandmother Rena Majmudar are Sangeet Vishaarad, (Graduate level in Indian classical music). Her father is a student of Khayaal Gaayaki under Guru Shri Krushnakant Parikh. With her Grandfather having deep love for Indian & Western classical music, Asihwarya is blessed with an appetite for all types & styles of music.
She started singing at the age of 3 & half years. At the age of 6, she participated & won her first stage contest.
Aishwarya is a recipient of famous Shaahu Modak Award and she achieved this feat at a young age of 12 years.
Aishwarya delivered her first solo concert at Nagpur at the age of 11 and has performed several solo concerts across India & abroad including Eastern African Countries, USA & Europe.
She is a student of Delhi Public School, Ahmedabad.
Aishwarya was invited by New York's Indian community to sing American National Anthem followed by Indian National Anthem for India Day Parade of 16th August 2009. She sang & danced to other bollywood dance hits with over 100,000 strong audience at Madison Square Park in New York, USA. She bagged the distinction of becoming the youngest solo performer to evoke such a response.