IIFA is one of the most awaited events of Bollywood. The 13th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Weekend will be held from June 7-9, 2012 in Singapore.
Here are the top ten highlights of the upcoming awards:
1. Shahid Kapoor will be hosting the awards for the first time, along with actor-director Farhan Akhtar. Shahid and Farhan will be replacing last year's funny pair of Boman Irani and Riteish Deshmukh.
2. Rowdy Rathore and Wanted's director Prabhu Deva, who is known to mesmerise his audience with his dance steps, has choreographed for both IIFA Rocks and the IIFA Awards.
3. Superstar Salman Khan will return to IIFA after two years.
4. Shahid Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Sonakshi Sinha and Bipasha Basu will perform at the IIFA this year.
5. Priyanka Chopra will pay tribute to Bollywood actress Rekha, and Shahid Kapoor will perform on South songs.
6. Indian cinema's centenary year will be celebrated at the IIFA with a special show.
7. Bollywood diva Rekha will be honoured with the Outstanding Achievement in Indian Cinema award.
8. Veteran actor-dancer Zohra Segal, who recently celebrated her 100th birthday, will receive the 100 years of contribution in Indian Cinema award.
9. Bollywood singers like Mohit Chauhan, Ash King and Harshdeep Kaur will perform at the Bollywood workshop. The IIFA Music Workshop will be held by the famous music composers Vishal-Shekhar and Shantanu Moitra, directors Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra and Zoya Akhtar, and lyricists Javed Akhtar and Prasoon Joshi.
10. On 8 June, actor Ayushmann Khurrana of Vicky donor fame, and Chitrangada Singh will take the centre stage as hosts of IIFA Rocks, a fashion and music night part of IIFA weekend, where actresses Nargis Fakhri and Bipasha Basu will be the showstoppers.