Share This Story

Amitabh Bachchan's second surgery cancelled

Posted by:
Published: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 13:24 [IST]

Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who underwent stomach surgery last week, has shown some signs of improvement in his health, but he may undergo a CT scan today. The Bollywood actor was to undergo second operation yesterday, but the idea was cancelled following the sign of recovery in his health.

On his blog last night, Amitabh Bachchan wrote, "There seems to be a slight, very slight, upward push to the graph on recovery, though there is still an immense amount of work to be done and observed. The fever stayed within control and a few blood readings brought a gentle smile on the faces of the medical team."

The actor said, "A CT scan planned to detect another nagging problem has been put off for today (Feb 17) and shall be considered tomorrow. My intake has improved from three sips of water per day to four sips!! Thats like a couple of teaspoons full extra. Your prayers seem to be working."

However, the hospital sources also confirmed that the intervention was put off as Amitabh Bachchan showed some signs of improvement. "It was decided that another surgery would not be performed as his health was improving a bit...he is fine," said sources in the Seven Hills Hospital in suburban Andheri.

Topics: amitabh bachchan
Get all the latest updates on Bollywood, Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Write a comment

Please read our comments policy before posting

Filmi Gupshup
Bollywood Photos