1. Rajesh Khanna met Dimple Kapadia when she just had a break up with Rishi Kapoor. She was single at that time and was Rajesh Khanna's huge fan.
2. Rajesh Khanna married Dimple, who was 15 years younger to him, at her father Chunnibhai Kapadia's family bungalow in Juhu, in March 1973
3. The grand marriage reception of India's first superstar was held at Hotel Horizon, Juhu, Mumbai. Bollywood's who's who attended the reception.
4. Dimple and Rajesh Khanna postponed their honeymoon from March to June because Dimple had to complete the shoot of her debut film Bobby.
5. When Dimple was shooting for Bobby just after her marriage, her hands were hidden during the shooting of a song because of her bridal mehendi.
6. The star couple Rajesh and Dimple chose Europe as their honeymoon destination. But they were not alone, film producer Raj Bathija and wife Nirmal, and Baldev Pathak (father of actresses Ratna and Supriya Pathak) also accompanied them.
7. When Rajesh and Dimple were in Europe for their honeymoon, Rajesh Khanna threw a grand party to celebrate Dimple's 16th birthday at Hilton Hotel. Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Bachchan who got married the same year were also in London for their honeymoon. Rajesh Khanna invited them to the birthday. So, Bachchans also attended the party.
8. Dimple was fondly called Dimpy by Rajesh Khanna and Dimple used to call him Kaka.
9. Rajesh Khanna and Dimple lived separately but they never got divorced.
10. After years of separation Rajesh Khanna had said, "You know what? I still love my wife, Dimple."