Share This Story

Rensil shoots in New York amidst swine flu scare

Written by: By Subhash K. Jha, Bollywood Hungama
Published: Monday, May 25, 2009, 15:55 [IST]

[an error occurred while processing this directive]Cutting down all talk of a swine-flu scare in North America, director Rensil D'Silva, who last month shot a long schedule in New York of his film featuring Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Vivek Oberoi and Om Puri starrer, says, "There were absolutely no worries about the swine flu. No one even sneezed on location in New York. It all went very, very smoothly. There was absolutely no question of fleeing the city because of the health scare. Ours was a very dedicated team."

Rensil, like many other filmmakers feels the swine-flu scare has been overdone in the media. In fact Barbara Mori, who's from Mexico where the deadly flu virus originated, was in Cannes this week with Rakesh, Hrithik Roshan and director Anurag Basu. "It all fine. No swine," joked Rakesh Roshan.

Back to Rensil, he couldn't accompany his producer Karan Johar to Cannes. "I've some shooting left to do. But we prepared a 90-second trailer for Cannes which Karan took along with his film My Name Is Khan."

The New York schedule of Rensil's film was totally stress-free. So unlike the Delhi schedule where crowds kept coming into camera range.

Says Rensil, "New York has a lot of fans of Indian cinema. But they know how to keep their distance. We shot the entire schedule without mishap."

returned1064SELECT parent_cat_name FROM content WHERE content_id= LIMIT 1
Write a comment

Please read our comments policy before posting

Filmi Gupshup
Bollywood Photos