The whole world loves, adores and follows her. And, why not? After all, she's one of the most beautiful and intelligent celebrities of the recent times. Yes, we are talking about the gorgeous Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, whose name is more than enough to make millions go weak on their knees. Ash has been the epitome of beauty and perfection, especially we love the elusive and enigmatic aura, that she possesses. In fact, we love everything about Mrs Junior B, isn't it?
We have come up with a few interesting and unknown facts about Aishwarya:
1. Aishwarya Rai is the first Indian to participate in the famous Oprah Winfrey show in America.
2. Ash met with an accident in the year 2003, while shooting the film Khakee. She had fractured her leg.
3. It is said that when President George W Bush visited India, he had invited Aishwarya to a luncheaon, but she was unable to attend.
4. She is first Indian actress to be on the jury of the Cannes International Film Festival.
5. She featured in her first commercial ad for Camlin Pencils, when she was in ninth standard.
6. Ash met yesteryear actress Rekha, when she was in high school. It is said that Aishwarya went to a grocery shop along with her mother, when she was tapped on the shoulder by none other than Rekha herself. Rekha recognised Ash from her modeling ads. She complimented the young Aishwarya on her good looks and wished her all the best. She had later done Rekha's movie Umrao Jaan, along with hubby Abhishek Bachchan.
7. It is said, after winning the title of Miss World in 1994, the host of the event asked her out, but she refused.
8. There are over 17,000 websites dedicated to her.
9. She first came to the attention of the people after her Pepsi commercial with Mahima Chaudhary.
10. Tulips at the Keukenhof Gardens in the Netherlands has been named after Aishwarya Rai.