Anurag Basu's Barfi is releasing on 14th September. The film stars Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D'cruz in the lead roles. Here are 10 unknown facts about the movie:
1. Ranbir Kapoor is playing the role of a deaf and mute Nepali boy in Barfi. His name in the movie is Murphy but he is addressed as Barfi by all around him.
2. Mumbai-based company Murphy Enterprises has sent a legal notice to the producers of Barfi for using 'Murphy', 'Murphy Radio' and 'Murphy Munna' in the title song as well as in the film without any written permission from the company. Murphy Enterprises is the company behind the iconic Murphy radios of the post-Independence era.
3. In Barfi, Priyanka Chopra is playing the role of an autistic girl. The ultra-glamourous Priyanka Chopra has gone absolutely de-glam for this film as Priyanka thought that the audience will connect more to her no make up look.
4. The philosophy of Ranbir's character in the film Barfi is 'Don't worry, be Barfi'. Murphy believes in spreading happiness and to make people smile is his only purpose in life.
5. Katrina Kaif was the original choice for the role of Ileana D'cruz in Barfi. Interestingly, Katrina had also said yes to the film initially, but due to date issues she could not work in the movie.
6. Ranbir Kapoor's character in the film Barfi is inspired by Charlie Chaplin and Mr Bean.
7. Ranbir Kapoor has lend his voice for the first time to a promotional song of Barfi. The name of the song is Fatafati (Bengali word for awesome), the first few lines of which are in Bengali, while the rest in Hindi.
8. Ileana D'Cruz, who is a very popular Telugu actress, is making her Bollywood debut with Barfi. She is also the narrator of the film.
9. Barfi is not a silent film as the trailer suggests.
10. Director Anurag Basu has got 'U' certificate for Barfi and he is very happy about it as Barfi is his first 'U' certified movie.