While actor Shahrukh Khan swept away the best actor award at the Filmfare Awards for the film My Name Is Khan, he also got the 'Worst Actor Award' for the same film at the third annual Golden Kela Awards, Saturday night. The award show is a spin-off of Hollywood's Razzies awards, which recognizes the worst in cinema.
While, Karan Johar film My Name Is Khan, which bagged the best film award at the Filmfare, was bestowed with the worst film award at the Kela Awards. Actress Sonam Kapoor got the 'Worst Actress Award' for her film Aisha.
Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali won the worst director award for the film Guzaarish, which also got the 'Black Award' for Emotional Blackmail. Humorously, Director Ram Gopal Varma was bestowed with the 'Bas Kijiye Bahut Ho Gaya Award', asking him to stop making films.
The 'Worst Supporting Actor Male' went to actor Arjun Rampal for for Housefull, and 'Worst Supporting Actress Female' went to actress Kangana Ranaut for Kites. Kangana even topped the nomination list for this category for three films, No Problem, Once Upon A Time in Mumbai and Kites. Actor Ben Kingsley got the 'Bawra Ho Gaya Hai Ke award' (Have You Gone Nuts) for his participation in the film Teen Patti.
After all the worst category award, there were special category called 'Anti-Kela' awards for the films that were the saving graces of the year 2010. The awards were for the films that were meaningful and entertaining like Udaan, Ishqiya, Love, Sex and Dhoka, Do Dooni Chaar, Peepli Live and Tere Bin Laden.
The award ceremony saw Bollywood biggies like the producer and director of the film Ishqiya, Vishal Bhardwaj and Abhishek Chaubey, actor Praduman Singh of Tere Bin Laden fame and Do Dooni Chaar director Habib Faisal. The show was hosted by Cyrus Broacha in Rockdome at the Ambience Mall in Gurgaon. While, Vishal said that it is difficult to choose bad work, Abhishek said that nobody wants to admit that they made the worst film, he added that he hopes that people nominated will take it lightly and positively.
We have listed down rest of the awards given out by the Golden Kela Awards 2010:
- Golden Kela worst debut male- Aditya Narayan (Shaapit)
- Golden Kela worst debut female- Pakhi Tyrewala (Jhootha Hi Sahi)
- Golden Kela Chimpu Kapoor award (No talent award for relatives of celebrities)- Actor Uday Chopra
- Golden Kela most irritating song - Pee Loon (Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai)
- Golden Kela most atrocious lyrics- Sanjay Leela Bhansali ("Sau gram zindagi", Guzaarish)
- Golden Kela most original story - Action Replayy (starring Akshay Kumar, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan)
- Golden Kela Lajja (Shame) award for worst treatment of a serious issue - Dunno Y... Naa Jane Kyun
- Golden Kela When did This Come Out Award - Ek Second... Jo Zindagi Badal De
- Golden Kela worst triology award- Golmaal series
- Golden Kela Ajooba Award for Sheer Awesomeness – Dabangg ( starring Salman Khan and Sonakshi Sinha)
- Golden Kela worst animated film award- Baru the Wonder Kid
- Golden Kela Jajantram Mamantram Award for Worst Named Film- Lafange Parindey
- Golden Kela Sonu Nigam Award for Career Suicide – Debut Kuch Kariye
- Golden Kela most ridiculous sequence- Prince (starring Vivek Oberoi)
- Golden Kela worst casting ever award- Jaccky Shroff (Malik Ek as Shirdi Sai baba)